Energy Efficient Wastewater Management
Experts from Bremen and Durban were engaged in a working group that focused on increasing energy efficiency in the wastewater treatment process and investigated the potential for electricity generation in Durban’s treatment plants.
Specific areas of exchange included:
- use of sludge gas to generate energy
- conducting an energy analysis of sewage treatment plants
- increasing the efficiency of pumps
- short-term qualification in Bremen of employees from Durban
- transfer of technological knowledge
- internships in Durban for trainees from Bremen in the field of wastewater technology
More information about wastewater management in Durban.